Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Cardio Day

I was able to sleep in more today than normal. I was doing cardio, so my work out is about twenty minutes long. I set my alarm clock for ten after six this morning. I was a little slow to get out of bed, but that is because I kept waking up in the wee hours of the morning.

I went down to make my breakfast. Today it was pancakes made with egg whites, cottage cheese, and oatmeal. I put a small amount of butter and syrup on them. They were very good.

I went to the rec center and up to the second floor. I was going to do a recumbent bike, but I decided after I got there to do an elliptically machine. I did my twenty minutes. I definitely broke a sweat.

When I completed my cool down period, I recorded the data from this workout. I went about one and three-quarter miles. I walked down to the locker room. I was going to do some treading of water in the pool. I got to the pool and I was told I only had ten minutes.

I went to the five foot section. I first did one lap. I ended back at the five foot section. That allowed me to just tread and stay afloat. I wasn't tired from treading water, but I think the swimming can kick my butt. I need to get some goggles.

When the ten minutes were up, I called it a day. It was a good day.

No comments: